Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Teenage Dirtbag



I watched Teenage Dirtbag over the weekend, and I love this poem that Thayer reads.  Its so much more powerful hearing him read it, but I couldn't find a video. I highly recommend you watch it. 

This part you play in the room
Nobody buys it
They all see right through you
Forever being lowered, waiting for them to love you,
they're not going to
Cause all you are is on your back.
You're not smart,
You're stupid.
You're not beautiful,
You're ugly.
Walking, talking, hoping, waiting, 
to be where you belong
on your back.
So give it away, kill it, smear it
Then try to pull it out of the dirt
desperate because you know
that all you have,
and all that you are
is on your back.

It reminded me of another poem I wrote a while ago
And I'm hesitant to let you read because it's a little bit edgy. 
But whatever, take it with a grain of salt. 
I in no way confirm that anything about this poem is a true story.

Anxiously waiting for the night to come.

You always talk, 

he says you’re the one.

Your friends try to warn you but you don't even care.
Perfect outfit, flawless makeup, 

three hours spent on your hair.



He walks into the room and every head turns.
You should have walked away, 

but the heart never learns.

He takes you upstairs and gets you on your knees.
Now he's got you, 

he knows 
You’ll do anything to please.



As the sun and horizon meet,
you begin to feel the ground 

beneath your feet.

You’re fading, 

hope is waning,

his intentions 

missed 
where yours were aiming.



When the pain sets in and the guilt begins,
he clutches his trophy, 

he 
always 
wins.



Clock is racing, heart is pacing.
Trying to avoid the reality you’re facing.
You waited for days, but no words will be said.
Your initials, 

he casually carves on his bed.



(9/3/2012) Funny side note to this poem. I tried to submit it to the Literary magazine at my high school durring my senior year and was not only declined because it was inappropriate, but I was actually refereed to the school counselor to make sure I was okay.